AAdvantage® Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard® Review
[2019.11 Update] The current offer is 60k. First year annual fee is no longer waived.
[2019.9 Update] There is a new offer for 60k AA miles with the annual fee waived in the first year. This offer does not include a companion certificate, which is our opinion is a good trade off for the waived annual fee. The offer ends on 2019.10.31. HT: reddit. This offer is supposed to be available with a promotional code received from a flight attendant. Flight attendants are not supposed to publish their code online publicly. We recommend using 999999 as your promotional code so the field is not left blank.
[2019.5 Update] The offer is now lowered from 60k to 50k. And the following negative changes are now effective:
- There will no longer be a 10% rebate of any redeemed AAdvantage miles. This benefit is also removed on the Citi AA card.
- The annual fee is increased from $95 to $99 (same as Citi AA card).
- New benefit: Get up to $25 back as statement credits on inflight Wi-Fi purchases every anniversary year on American Airlines operated flights.
- New benefit: Each anniversary year, earn a Companion Certificate, good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date.
- 60k offer: earn 60,000 AAdvantage Miles after the first purchase within the first 90 days. This is the recent best offer.
- We value AA Miles at 1.6 cents/point (Airline Miles Value), so the 60k highest sign-up bonus worth about $960! See A Beginner’s Guide to AA Miles to check for details about AA Miles.
- Earn 2 AAdvantage miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases, 1 AAdvantage mile per $1 on other purchases.
- New: Get up to $25 back as statement credits on inflight Wi-Fi purchases every anniversary year on American Airlines operated flights.
- New: Each anniversary year, earn a Companion Certificate (good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees)) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date.
- First checked bag free on domestic American Airlines flights for you and up to four companions.
- Priority boarding on American Airlines flights.
- 25% savings on eligible in–flight purchases using card.
- Earn $3,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars when you spend $25,000 on purchases each calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $99 annual fee, NOT waived for the first year. ($95 annual fee before 2019.5)
Recommended Application Time
- You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
- Barclays value the number of recent hard pulls a lot, we recommend you apply when you have less than 6 hard pulls in the past 6 months.
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least one year.
- Existing cardmembers, existing accounts, and previous cardmember with accounts closed in the past 24 months may not be eligible for this offer.
The 60k sign-up bonus is very generous, especially you can get the bonus by simply making just one purchase! It is quite decent offer if you want to accumulate AA miles.
Related Credit Cards
- Citi AAdvantage MileUp
- Citi AAdvantage Platinum
- Citi AAdvantage Executive
- CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum
- Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red (this post)
- Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver
- Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Business
Recommended Downgrade Options
- Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator (no annual fee version)
- Click here to check Barclays application status.
- Barclays reconsideration backdoor number: 866-408-4064. Barclays tends to ask various questions and you must know all the answers about personal information and credit report. Besides, you may get HP again, but will be informed in advance. Therefore, think carefully before calling.