CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard Review
2019.7 Update: The offer is only 65k now.
2019.6 Update: The 75k offer is expired. The current offer is 70k. Note that the churn rule changed recently from 24 months to 48 months.
- 65k Offer: earn 65,000 AAdvantage Miles after spending $4,000 in first 4 months.
- We value AA Miles at 1.6 cents/point (Airline Miles Value), so the 75k highest sign-up bonus worth about $1200! See A Beginner’s Guide to AA Miles to check for details about AA Miles.
- Earn 2 AAdvantage miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases, 1 AAdvantage mile per $1 on other purchases.
- First checked bag free on domestic American Airlines flights for you and up to four companions.
- Earn an American Airlines Companion Certificate each year after spending $30,000 or more.
- Priority boarding on American Airlines flights.
- 25% savings on eligible in–flight purchases using card.
- Fly to select destinations on American Airlines operated flights for up to 7,500 fewer AAdvantage miles with Reduced Mileage Awards.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $95 annual fee, but waived for the first year.
Recommended Application Time
- [8/65 Rule] You can apply for at most 1 Citi cards every 8 days, and at most 2 Citi cards every 65 days, no matter approved or not.
- [Updated] [1/48 Rule] The welcome bonus is not available if you have received a new account bonus for this card in the past 48 months.
- Citi values the number of recent hard pulls a lot, we recommend you apply when there’s less than 6 hard pulls in the past 6 months.
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least one year.
This business card is quite similar to its personal version. The sign-up bonus of this card is usually very high, which makes it one of the best sign-up bonus and thus worth applying for almost anyone who may use miles. However, the earnings rate is not impressive, which makes it hard to cover the $95 annual fee. If you fly AA a lot so that the AA related perks make up the annual fee, this credit card is worth keeping. Otherwise you can consider downgrading it to some cards with no annual fee.
Related Credit Cards
- Citi AAdvantage MileUp
- Citi AAdvantage Platinum
- Citi AAdvantage Executive
- CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum (this post)
- Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red
- Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Business
Recommended Downgrade Options
- Call 888-201-4523 to check Citi application status.
- Citi reconsideration backdoor number: 605-331-1698. This is a so called “Citi EO” (Executive Office) phone number. This phone number is not designed to make reconsiderations, but the representatives are really helpful.