Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard Review
2019.1 Update: 60k offer is available again. Note that, the application rule for this card has been changed to: “You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.”
- 60k offer: earn 60,000 AAdvantage Miles after the first purchase within the first 90 days.
- 10% of your redeemed miles back. 10,000 miles maximum per calendar year.
- We value AA Miles at 1.6 cents/point (Airline Miles Value), but you will earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage miles back, which makes 1 mile worth about 1.78 cent for this card. So the 60k highest sign-up bonus worth about $1068! See A Beginner’s Guide to AA Miles to check for details about AA Miles.
- Earn 2 AAdvantage miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases, 1 AAdvantage mile per $1 on other purchases.
- First checked bag free on domestic American Airlines flights for you and up to four companions.
- Priority boarding on American Airlines flights.
- 25% savings on eligible in–flight purchases using card.
- Earn $3,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars when you spend $25,000 on purchases each calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $95 annual fee, NOT waived for the first year.
Recommended Application Time
- You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
- Barclays value the number of recent hard pulls a lot, we recommend you apply when you have less than 6 hard pulls in the past 6 months.
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least one year.
- Existing cardmembers, existing accounts, and previous cardmember with accounts closed in the past 24 months may not be eligible for this offer.
The 60k sign-up bonus is very generous, especially you can get the bonus by simply making just one purchase! It is quite decent offer if you want to accumulate AA miles.
Related Credit Cards
- Citi AAdvantage MileUp
- Citi AAdvantage Platinum
- Citi AAdvantage Executive
- CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum
- Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red (this post)
- Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver
- Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Business
Recommended Downgrade Options
- Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator (no annual fee version)
- Click here to check Barclays application status.
- Barclays reconsideration backdoor number: 866-408-4064. Barclays tends to ask various questions and you must know all the answers about personal information and credit report. Besides, you may get HP again, but will be informed in advance. Therefore, think carefully before calling.