Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard Review
2017.1 Update Again: Use promo code 752657 when applying, and you may get additional 500 miles. The total’s gonna be 40.5k. HT：DoC.
2017.1 Update: According to data points in our Chinese version of this post, people that previously had the old US Airways MasterCard applied this card and successfully got the sign-up bonus! It means the 24 month limit does not count the old US Airways MasterCard.
- Earn 40,000 AAdvantage Miles after the first purchase within the first 90 days!
- 10% of your redeemed miles back. 10,000 miles maximum per calendar year.
- We value AA Miles at 1.6 cents/point (Airline Miles Value), but you will earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage miles back, which makes 1 mile worth about 1.78 cent for this card. So the 50k sign-up bonus worth about $890! See A Beginner’s Guide to AA Miles to check for details about AA Miles.
- Earn 2 AAdvantage miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases, 1 AAdvantage mile per $1 on other purchases.
- First checked bag free on domestic American Airlines flights for you and up to four companions.
- Priority boarding on American Airlines flights.
- 25% savings on eligible in–flight purchases using card.
- Earn a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount (the “Flight Discount”) after you spend $30,000 or more in Purchases on your Account during your cardmembership year.
- No Foreign Transaction Fee.
- $95 annual fee, NOT waived for the first year.
40k offer is not as good as the Citi AAdvantage Platinum card; however, you can get the bonus by simply making one purchase. This is quite generous. It is quite decent offer if you want to accumulate AA miles.
Related Credit Cards:
- Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red (this post)
- Citi AAdvantage Gold
- Citi AAdvantage Platinum
- Citi AAdvantage Executive
- CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum
Recommended Downgrade Options:
- Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator (no annual fee version)
Recommended Application Time:
- Barclaycard values the number of recent hard pulls a lot, we recommend you apply when you have less than 6 hard pulls in the past 6 months.
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least one year.
- Existing cardmembers, existing accounts, and previous cardmember with accounts closed in the past 24 months may not be eligible for this offer.
- Click here to check Barclaycard application status.
- Barclaycard reconsideration backdoor number: 866-408-4064. Barclaycard tends to ask various questions and you must know all the answers about personal information and credit report. Besides, you may get HP again, but will be informed in advance. Therefore, think carefully before calling.
Historical Offers Chart: