The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card Review
2018.8 Update: It’s possible to see a 125k+$100 offer via Dummy Booking. (You need to first click the ad for AmEx Hilton personal card, and then click “Business” in the window popped up.) HT: DoC.
- 125k offer: earn 125,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 within the first 3 months.
- We value Hilton Honors Points at 0.5 cents/point (Hotel Points Value), click here to see how many points are required for a free night. So the 125k highest sign-up bonus is worth about $625!
- Earn 12 Hilton Honors points per $1 spent on hotel stays within Hilton Portfolio; 6 points on U.S. restaurants, flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies, U.S. gas stations, wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service producers and U.S. purchases for shipping; 3 points on other purchases.
- Complimentary Hilton Gold status for cardholder. Upgrade to Hilton Diamond status when you make $40,000 or more in purchases each calendar year.
- One Weekend Night Reward at a hotel or resort in the Hilton portfolio after spending $15,000 in purchases on the card in a calendar year.
- 10 free Priority Pass Lounge passes.
- With this credit card, you can get access to Amex Offers, which often offers very good discounts at some stores. In the past we have seen offers like: Spend $15 or more and get $5 back at Walmart; Spend $75 or more and get $25 back on Amazon.com.
- Refer a friend: You can earn 20,000 bonus Hilton points for every approved account you refer, up to 80,000 Hilton Points per calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $95 annual fee, NOT waived for the first year.
Recommended Application Time
- Note that AmEx has a policy: If you currently or have previously held a specific AmEx credit card, you will not be eligible for the welcome bonus offer. So if you want to squeeze the highest rewards from credit cards, you should apply for the sign-up bonus first, and then take the upgrade offer, and then possibly go on upgrading/downgrading.
- You can only get the sign-up bonus once in a lifetime, so be sure to apply when the historical highest offer appears.
- AmEx doesn’t care about the number of hard pulls.
- You can try to apply for it when you have a credit history of 6 months.
Only one AmEx credit card can be approved in a day. This rule does not apply to charge cards, you can be approved for one credit card and multiple charge cards in the day.Multiple cards approved in the same day will only have one Hard Pull.
- Only 2 AmEx credit cards can be approved within 90 days, but again, this rule does not apply to charge cards.
- You can keep at most 5 AmEx credit cards, not including charge cards.
The sign-up bonus is decent, so it’s worth applying.
Related Credit Cards
Recommended Downgrade Options
- Click here to check AmEx application status.
- AmEx reconsideration backdoor number: 877-399-3083. The “real” backdoor number of Amex is well protected. Different from Chase, the representatives from this AmEx reconsideration backdoor number only have the right to help you submit requests.