Citi Basic Banking Package Review
2021.1 Update: The $200 offer is expired. There’s no welcome offer now.
2020.7 Update: The $200 offer is still alive, and the new deadline is 2020.01.05. If you have more money in hand, you can also consider Citibank Account Package with $400 offer ($15k deposit requirement), or Citi Priority Package with $700 offer ($50k deposit requirement).
$200 sign-up bonus! Please read below for the requirement to get this bonus. Offer ends on: 2021.01.05.[Expired]
- There is a monthly maintenance fee of $12. Please read below for how to avoid the monthly fee.
- If you meet the above condition to avoid monthly fee, you can also use non-Citi ATMs for free.
- No early termination fee. You can close your account at any time, but we recommend you to convert your account to the Citi Basic Banking package to avoid high monthly balance requirement.
- This bonus is only available for new clients. Those who currently have a Citi checking or savings account, or have closed an account within 180 days are not eligible for this offer. Those with a Citi credit card are not exempt from this offer.
- Within thirty (30) days, make a qualifying deposit of $15,000 or more in new-to-Citibank funds into the new checking account or a new or existing Citi Savings Account or existing Citibank Savings Plus Account, and maintain a minimum balance of $15,000 for sixty (60) consecutive calendar days following the date when you made the qualifying deposit.
How to Avoid the Monthly Fee (Meet Any One of the Requirements Below)
- Make one qualifying Direct Deposit (DD) AND one qualifying bill payment per statement period.
- Maintain a $1,500+ combined average monthly balance in eligible linked accounts.
Different Citi Checking Accounts
- Citigold Account Package
- Citi Priority Package
- Citibank Account Package
- Citi Basic Banking Package (this post)
- Access Account Package
Here is a comparison and contrast on the official website.
The $200 bonus is a decent offer, especially for people with limited cash in hand. This account is also a basic Citi checking account which can be a good downgrade option.