Citibank Priority Package Review
2021.7 Update: The $700 offer is still alive, and the new deadline is 2021.10.04. If you don’t have much cash, you can also consider Citibank Account Package with $400 offer ($15k deposit requirement), or Citi Basic Banking Package with $200 offer ($5k deposit requirement).
- $700 sign-up bonus! Please read below for the requirements to get this bonus. The deadline for this offer is 2021.10.04.
- There is a monthly maintenance fee of $30. You can avoid this by keeping a monthly balance of $50,000.
- If you meet the above conditions to avoid the monthly fee, you can also use non-Citi ATMs for free.
- No early termination fee. You can close your account at any time, but we recommend you convert your account to the Citi Basic Banking package to avoid the high monthly balance requirement.
If you have Citi Priority checking account, the annual fee of Citi Prestige will be lowered from $450 to $350. The $350 annual fee remains even if you close your Citi Priority account thereafter.[Update: No longer works]
- This bonus is only available for new clients. Those who currently have a Citi checking or savings account, or have closed an account within 180 days are not eligible for this offer. Those with a Citi credit card are not exempt from these rules.
- You need to open both checking and savings accounts.
- Within 30 days of opening your account, deposit $50,000 in New-to-Citibank funds between the new checking and savings accounts. Maintain a minimum balance of this amount between the checking and savings accounts for 60 consecutive calendar days.
Direct Deposit (DD) requirement: within sixty (60) days, 1 qualifying Direct Deposit must post to the new checking account each month for 2 consecutive calendar months after opening the new checking account.No DD requirement for now.
- Note: only the regular savings account counts, the new product “Citi Accelerate Savings” with higher interest rate does not count.
Different Citi Checking Accounts
- Citigold Account Package
- Citi Priority Package (this post)
- Citibank Account Package
- Citi Basic Banking Package
- Access Account Package
Here is a comparison and contrast on the official website.
This account is similar to the old Citigold account, which now requires $200k to open. The $700 highest bonus is really nice, just the deposit requirement is a bit high.