Citibank Priority Package Review
2019.10 Update: There is now a $700 offer! Offer ends on 2019.12.31. The deposit requirement is still $50,000. Assuming you need to keep money in the account for 60 days to qualify for the bonus, then another 60 days before receiving the bonus, this equates to a return of 4.2% APR.
2019.7 Update: The $600 offer is still alive, and the new deadline is 2019.09.30. But the deposit requirement is as high as $50k. We recommend to apply for the Citibank Account Package which has either a $500 or 40k AA bonus with $15k deposit requirement; or the Citi Basic Banking Package which has a $200 bonus with just a $5k deposit requirement.
- $700 sign-up bonus! Please read below for the requirements to get this bonus. The deadline for this offer is 2019.12.31.
- There is a monthly maintenance fee of $30. You can avoid this by keeping a monthly balance of $50,000.
- If you meet the above conditions to avoid the monthly fee, you can also use non-Citi ATMs for free.
- No early termination fee. You can close your account at any time, but we recommend you convert your account to the Citi Basic Banking package to avoid the high monthly balance requirement.
If you have Citi Priority checking account, the annual fee of Citi Prestige will be lowered from $450 to $350. The $350 annual fee remains even if you close your Citi Priority account thereafter.
- This bonus is only available for new clients. Those who currently have a Citi checking or savings account, or have closed an account within 180 days are not eligible for this offer. Those with a Citi credit card are not exempt from these rules.
- Within thirty (30) days, make a qualifying deposit of $50,000 or more in new-to-Citibank funds into the new checking account or a new or existing Citi Savings Account or existing Citibank Savings Plus Account, and maintain a minimum balance of $50,000 for sixty (60) consecutive calendar days following the date when you made the qualifying deposit.
Direct Deposit (DD) requirement: within sixty (60) days, 1 qualifying Direct Deposit must post to the new checking account each month for 2 consecutive calendar months after opening the new checking account.No DD requirement for now.
- Note: only the regular savings account counts, the new product “Citi Accelerate Savings” with higher interest rate does not count.
Different Citi Checking Accounts
- Citigold Account Package
- Citi Priority Package (this post)
- Citibank Account Package
- Citi Basic Banking Package
- Access Account Package
Here is a comparison and contrast on the official website.
This account is similar to the old Citigold account, which now requires $200k to open. If you don’t have such money and you want to receive $100 off your annual Prestige membership, you can consider this one. The $700 highest bonus is really nice, just the deposit requirement is a bit high.