Citigold Checking Account Review
2016.12 Update: The eligibility requirement is now higher.
- There’s currentlly no sign-up bonus.
- No nonthly fee.
- In order to be eligible, you must maintain $200,000 in combined average monthly balance in all eligible deposit, retirement, and investment accounts.
- Free access to non-Citi ATM.
- $0 Early Termination Fee. So you can close your account at any time, or you can downgrade it to the basic version checking account.
- If you have Citigold checking account, the annual fee of Citi Prestige will be lowered from $450 to $350. The $350 annual fee remains even if you close your Citigold account thereafter.
- You are not able to use credit cards to do the initial funding any more.
Different Citi Checking Accounts
- Citigold Account Package (this post)
- Citi Priority Package
- Citibank Account Package
- Basic Banking Package
- Access Account Package
Here is a comparison and contrast on the official website.
Citigold used to be a very lucrative, they offered 50k AA, 50k TYP, $400, etc for opening the account. However, after Nov. 2016, Citigold requires a balance of at least $200,000 to maintain the account. Now only rich people can consider this account.