Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card Review
2018.2 Update: A while ago, Whole Foods is bought buy Amazon. Now this card can earn 5% cashback on Whole Foods as well! Besides the usual grocery, you can also look for gift cards you need in Whole Foods, and unlimited 5% cashback is very good!
- $79 offer: earn $70 Amazon gift card after approval, no spending requirement. ($50 for non Prime users)
- Earn 5% cashback at Amazon and Whole Foods if you are an Amazon Prime member (3% if not), 2% cashback at restaurants, gas stations, and drug stores, 1% cashback on all other purchases. In order to get the 5%, you need to use your own Amazon account. Student Prime membership and trial prime membership counts as well.
- It’s made of metal, so it’s quite heavy and the feel of this card is cool. Currently this is the only metal card with no annual fee.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- No annual fee.
- Thought it appears to be a no annual fee card, actually you need to remember that Prime Membership costs you some money every year.
Recommended Application Time
- [5/24 Rule] If you have 5 or more new accounts opened in the past 24 months, Chase will not approve your application on this card, no matter how high your credit score is. The number of new accounts includes all credit card accounts, not only Chase accounts. See this post for details about how to possibly bypass this rule.
- This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months. Note that what matters here is the time you got the sign-up bonus, not the time you open the account or close the account.
- Don’t apply for more than 2 Chase credit cards within 30 days, or it’s highly likely that you will get rejected.
- We recommend you to apply for this card after you have a credit history for more than a year.
$70 sign-up bonus is not very high. However, it is a no annual fee + no foreign transaction. If you are a big Amazon fan, and you already chose to be an Amazon Prime member, it is a decent card. This Chase Amazon Prime credit card is obviously better than the previous Chase Amazon card. If you have an old Chase Amazon card and you are an Amazon Prime member, then you can upgrade your card to the new one to enjoy the 5% cashback by clicking this link.
Related Credit Cards
- Call 800-436-7927 to check Chase application status. This is an automated telephone line, and the information has the following meanings: Receive decision in 2 weeks means your application is probably approved; Receive decision in 7-10 days means your application is probably rejected; Receive decision in 30 days simply means your application requires further review and there’s nothing to tell you for now.
- Chase reconsideration backdoor number: 888-270-2127 or 888-609-7805. Call it if you didn’t get approve immediately. Your personal information will be acquired and they will then review it. You seldom answer questions, instead, just enjoy the music and then you get approved or rejected, or further information is needed to be hand in to the branch or faxed.