Wyndham Rewards® EarnerSM Plus Card Review
2020.9 Update: The offer is now 45k and the card is revamped.
- 45k offer: earn 45,000 Wyndham points after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days. This is the best recent offer.
- Wyndham points are valued around 1.0 cents/point (Hotel Points Value), and the redemption structure is very simple with only three tiers of redemption: 7.k/15k/30k points.
- “go free Faster”: Redeem 10% fewer Wyndham Rewards points for award nights. That means you only need 6.75k/13.5k/27k points for redemption.
- Cardmember discount: 7% or 12% off of the Best Available Rate for card member (5% or 10% off for regular member).
- Earn 6 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases made at Hotels By Wyndham as well as on qualifying gas purchases; Earn 4 points per $1 spent on eligible dining and grocery purchases (excluding Target and Walmart); Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases (excluding Wyndham Timeshare resorts down payments).
- Anniversary Bonus: Receive 7,500 bonus points each anniversary year.
- Automatically receive a Wyndham Rewards Platinum Membership.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $75 annual fee, NOT waived for the first year.
- Typically the free night cannot worth a lot since most Wyndham hotels are not very expensive.
- Note that Wyndham points expires after 18 months for inactivity, and expires after 4 years no matter what. Therefore it is not a good idea to accumulate a lot of Wyndham points if you don’t plan to stay in Wyndham in the near future.
Recommended Application Time
- Barclays value the number of recent hard pulls a lot, we recommend you apply when you have less than 6 hard pulls in the past 6 months.
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least one year.
The 45k sign up bonus is decent if you have a good plan. If you don’t want to pay for the annual fee, you can consider downgrading it to the no annual fee version Barclays Wyndham Earner after the second year annual fee hits. The reward night discount and card member discount are also on the no annual fee card. If you stay at Wyndham a lot, you can also consider Barclays Wyndham Earner Business which is a stronger card with slightly higher annual fee.
Related Credit Cards
Recommended Downgrade Options
- Click here to check Barclays application status.
- Barclays reconsideration backdoor number: 866-408-4064. Barclays tends to ask various questions and you must know all the answers about personal information and credit report. Besides, you may get HP again, but will be informed in advance. Therefore, think carefully before calling.