Wyndham Rewards® EarnerSM Card Review
2020.9 Update: The offer is now 30k and the card is revamped.
- 30k offer: earn 30,000 Wyndham points after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days.
- Wyndham points are valued around 1.0 cents/point (Hotel Points Value), and the redemption structure is very simple with only three tiers of redemption: 7.k/15k/30k points.
- “go free Faster”: Redeem 10% fewer Wyndham Rewards points for award nights. That means you only need 6.75k/13.5k/27k points for redemption.
- Cardmember discount: 7% or 12% off of the Best Available Rate for card member (5% or 10% off for regular member).
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases made at Hotels By Wyndham as well as on qualifying gas purchases; Earn 2 points per $1 spent on eligible dining and grocery purchases (excluding Target and Walmart); Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases (excluding Wyndham Timeshare resorts down payments).
- Annual Bonus: Earn 7,500 bonus points each anniversary year after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases.
- Automatically receive a Wyndham Rewards Gold Membership.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- No annual fee.
- The free night is typically not worth a lot since most Wyndham hotels are not very expensive.
- Note that Wyndham points expires after 18 months for inactivity, and expires after 4 years no matter what. Therefore it is not a good idea to accumulate a lot of Wyndham points if you don’t plan to stay in Wyndham in the near future.
Recommended Application Time
- Barclays value the number of recent hard pulls a lot, we recommend you apply when you have less than 6 hard pulls in the past 6 months.
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least one year.
We recommend applying for the Barclays Wyndham Earner Plus for a higher welcome offer, and then downgrading it to this no annual fee version when you don’t want to pay the annual fee anymore. It’s really nice that the reward night discount and card member discount are also on this no annual fee card.
Related Credit Cards
- Click here to check Barclays application status.
- Barclays reconsideration backdoor number: 866-408-4064. Barclays tends to ask various questions and you must know all the answers about personal information and credit report. Besides, you may get HP again, but will be informed in advance. Therefore, think carefully before calling.