Citibank Account Package Review
2020.7 Update: The new offer is $400. If you have more money in hand, you can also consider Citi Priority Package with $700 offer ($50k deposit requirement); if you don’t have much cash, you can also consider Citi Basic Banking Package with $200 offer ($5k deposit requirement).
- $400 offer. Please read below for the requirement to get this bonus. Offer ends on: 2020.01.05.
- There is a monthly maintenance fee of $25. You can avoid this by keeping a monthly balance of $10,000.
- If you meet the above condition to avoid monthly fee, you can also use non-Citi ATMs for free.
- No early termination fee. You can close your account at any time, but we recommend you to convert your account to the Citi Basic Banking package to avoid high monthly balance requirement.
- This bonus is only available for new clients. Those who currently have a Citi checking or savings account, or have closed an account within 180 days are not eligible for this offer. Those with a Citi credit card are not exempt from this offer.
- You need to open both checking and savings accounts.
- Within 30 days of opening your account, deposit $15,000 in New-to-Citibank funds between the new checking and savings accounts. Maintain a minimum balance of this amount between the checking and savings accounts for 60 consecutive calendar days. After this requirement is met you can earn $400.
Direct Deposit (DD) requirement: complete one qualifying direct deposit each month for two consecutive months within 60 days of account opening. After this requirement is met you can earn an extra $100, so the total bonus is $500.[Update: The $400 offer does not have this part.]
- Note: only the regular savings account counts, the new product “Citi Accelerate Savings” with higher interest rate does not count.
Different Citi Checking Accounts
- Citigold Account Package
- Citi Priority Package
- Citibank Account Package (this post)
- Citi Basic Banking Package
- Access Account Package
Here is a comparison and contrast on the official website.
The bonus offer is pretty solid, especially when you have enough spare money in hand. If you don’t want to keep such amount of money in Citi, after you get the bonus, you can consider to downgrade it to the Basic Banking Package.