Citibank Account Package Review
2019.10 Update: The new offer is $400, and it ends on 2019.12.31.
- $400 offer. Please read below for the requirement to get this bonus. Deadline: 2019.12.31.
- There is a monthly maintenance fee of $25. You can avoid this by keeping a monthly balance of $10,000.
- If you meet the above condition to avoid monthly fee, you can also use non-Citi ATMs for free.
- No early termination fee. You can close your account at any time, but we recommend you to convert your account to the Citi Basic Banking package to avoid high monthly balance requirement.
$400 Bonus Requirements
- This bonus is only available for new clients. Those who currently have a Citi checking or savings account, or have closed an account within 180 days are not eligible for this offer. Those with a Citi credit card are not exempt from this offer.
- You need to open both checking and savings accounts.
- Within thirty (30) days, make a qualifying deposit of $15,000 or more in new-to-Citibank funds into the new checking account or a new or existing Citi Savings Account or existing Citibank Savings Plus Account, and maintain a minimum balance of this balance for sixty (60) consecutive calendar days following the date when you made the qualifying deposit. After this requirement is met you can earn $400.
Direct Deposit (DD) requirement: complete one qualifying direct deposit each month for two consecutive months within 60 days of account opening. After this requirement is met you can earn an extra $100, so the total bonus is $500.[2019.10 Update] DD is not required in the $400 offer.
- Note: only the regular savings account counts, the new product “Citi Accelerate Savings” with higher interest rate does not count.
Different Citi Checking Accounts
- Citigold Account Package
- Citi Priority Package
- Citibank Account Package (this post)
- Citi Basic Banking Package
- Access Account Package
Here is a comparison and contrast on the official website.
The $500 bonus is a pretty solid offer, especially when you have enough spare money in hand. If you don’t want to keep such amount of money in Citi, after you get the bonus, you can consider downgrade it to the Basic Banking Package.