Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card Review
- Earn 40,000 HHonors Points after spending $1000 in first 4 months. The best offer is 75k, it’s better to wait for the highest sign-up bonus if you are not in an urgent situation.
- We value Hilton HHonors Point at 0.5 cents/point (Hotel Points Value), so the 75k highest sign-up bonus worths about $375. Click here to see how many points are required for a free night.
- Earn 6 Hilton HHonors points per $1 spent on hotel stays within Hilton Portfolio; 3 points on supermarkets, drugstores and gas; 2 points on other purchases.
- Complimentary HHonors Silver status for cardholder. Upgrade to HHonors Gold status when you have 4 stays at Hilton within 90 days from account opening or you make $20,000 or more in purchases each calendar year.
- No annual fee! This is quite rare in hotel credit cards.
- Citi retention offer (offer for cardholders who wants to close their accounts) is typically very generous, but still, YMMV (Your mileage may vary).
- Foreign Transaction Fee exists, so better not use it outside United States.
There are 4 Hilton credit cards, you should probably get all of them if you are interested in getting lots of Hilton HHonors points. You could keep AmEx Hilton and Citi Hilton anyway since they both have no annual fee, but AmEx Hilton Surpass and Citi Hilton Reserve are more suitable for those who often stay in Hilton.
Related Credit Cards:
Recommended Application Time:
- 8/65 Rule: You can apply for at most 1 Citi cards every 8 days, and at most 2 Citi cards every 65 days, no matter approved or not.
- [New] Hilton HHonors Bonus Points are not available if you have had any Citi Hilton HHonors card opened or closed in the past 24 months. Product change is treated as account closure.
- Citi values the number of recent hard pulls a lot, we recommend you apply when there’s less than 6 hard pulls in the past 6 months.
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least one year.
- Call 888-201-4523 to check Citi application status.
- Citi reconsideration backdoor number: 866-336-7285. This is a so called “Citi EO” (Executive Office) phone number. This phone number is not designed to make reconsiderations, but the representatives are really helpful.