Capital One Spark Cash for Business Review
2019.2 Update: The offer is $500 now.
- $500 offer: earn $500 after spending $4,500 in the first 3 months.
- Earn 2% cash back on all purchases.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $95 annual fee, waived for the first year.
- Capital One will pull all three major credit bureaus (Experian, TransUnion, Equifax) for one credit card application!
- Capital One business credit cards WILL be reported to your personal credit history (most other banks won’t report business credit cards to your personal credit report). Therefore, the balance on this card will affect your personal credit score, and this card will count towards Chase 5/24.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
- [1/6 rule] You can only apply for 1 Capital One credit card for every 6 months, including both personal and business credit cards. You will get automatic denial if you violate this rule, but there will be no hard pull.
This card is almost identical with Capital One Spark Miles for Business. The major difference is this card earns cashback, while the Miles earned by Spark Miles can be transferred to airline partners. The sign-up bonus is really decent, worth applying. However, the 2% cash back is also offered by no annual fee cards such as Citi Double Cash (DC) and PayPal Cashback Mastercard, therefore it is not very recommended to keep this card and pay the annual fee.
Historical Offers Chart
Note: Sometimes there are $500+$1500 offer on this card. But the spending requirements after the first $500 are huge, so we don’t treat them as sign-up bonus, we treat them as spending bonus instead.