Savor Rewards from Capital One Review
2018.8 Update: This card used to be a no annual fee card with 3% cashback on dinning. Today Capital One suddenly changed it to a $95 annual fee card with 4% cashback on dinning, and at the same time made a new card called SavorOne which has exactly the same benefits as the previous Savor card. According to DoC who has direct communication with the bank, the previous cardholders of this card can still enjoy no annual fee but also get 4% cashback on dinning.
- $500 offer: earn $500 sign-up bonus after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months.
- 4% cashback on dining and entertainment, 2% cashback on groceries, and 1% cashback on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $95 annual fee, waived for the first year.
- Capital One will pull all three major credit bureaus (Experian, TransUnion, Equifax) for one credit card application!
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
- [1/6 rule] You can only apply for 1 Capital One credit card for every 6 months, including both personal and business credit cards. You will get automatic denial if you violate this rule, but there will be no hard pull.
The $500 signup bonus is quite good. Apart from that, the major point of this card is 4% cashback on dinning. However, you can earn 4% cashback on dinning with a no annual fee card Barclaycard Uber card. Therefore the annual fee on this card is not quite worth it. You can consider downgrade it to the SavorOne card after the first year.
Related Credit Cards
- CapitalOne SavorOne
- CapitalOne Savor (this post)