Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express (AmEx Delta) Review
- 60k+$50 offer: earn 60,000 Miles after spending $3,000 in first 4 months. Earn $50 after using your card to make a Delta purchase in the first 4 months, and if you don’t know what to buy, you can buy some Delta Gift Cards for future Delta flights.This is the highest offer in recent years, go for it now if you need it.
- We value Delta Miles at 1.2 cents/mile (Airline Miles Value). So the 60k sign-up bonus is worth about $720! See A Beginner’s Guide to Delta Miles to check for details about Delta Miles.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on Delta purchases; 1 mile per $1 on other purchases.
- First checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Priority boarding on Delta flights.
- 20% savings on in–flight foods and entertainment.
- With this credit card, you can get access to Amex Offers, which often offers very good discounts at some stores. In the past we have seen offers like: Spend $15 or more and get $5 back at Walmart; Spend $75 or more and get $25 back on Amazon.com.
- No Foreign Transaction Fee.
- Refer a friend: You can earn 5,000 or 10,000 bonus Delta miles for every approved account you refer, up to 55,000 Delta miles per calendar year.
- $95 annual fee, but waived for the first year.
Delta does not publish an award chart which makes this valuation a bit difficult. However, if you fly Delta a lot/have a particular redemption in mind, this is a very good sign up bonus! The reward rate is not very impressive but the typical benefits that come with an airline card could be of great use to some of you.
Related Credit Cards:
- AmEx Gold Delta SkyMiles (this post)
- AmEx Gold Delta SkyMiles Business
- AmEx Platinum Delta SkyMiles
- AmEx Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business
- AmEx Delta Reserve
- AmEx Delta Reserve Business
Recommended Downgrade Option:
- You can not downgrade this card to any card with no annual fee, so I suggest you close it when you don’t want to keep it any longer.
Recommended Application Time:
- You can get the sign-up bonus once in a lifetime, so be sure to apply when the historically highest offer appears.
- AmEx doesn’t care about the number of hard pulls.
- You can try to apply for it when you have a credit history of 6 months.
Only one AmEx credit card can be approved in a day. This rule does not apply to charge cards, you can be approved for one credit card and multiple charge cards in the day.Multiple cards approved in the same day will only have one Hard Pull.
- Only 2 credit cards can be approved within 90 days, but again, this rule does not apply to charge cards.
- You can keep at most 5 AmEx credit cards, not including charge cards.
- Click here to check AmEx application status.
- AmEx reconsideration backdoor number: 877-399-3083. The “real” backdoor number of Amex is well protected. Different from Chase, the representatives from this AmEx reconsideration backdoor number only have the right to help you submit requests.