Capital One Quicksilver Rewards Credit Card Review
2018.7 Update: There’s a $200 offer now. HT: DoC.
- $200 offer: earn $200 after spending $1,000 in first 3 months. This is the recent best offer, get it now if you are interested in this card.
- Earn 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- No annual fee.
- Capital One will pull all three major credit bureaus (Experian, TransUnion, Equifax) for one credit card application!
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
- [1/6 rule] You can only apply for 1 Capital One credit card for every 6 months, including both personal and business credit cards. You will get automatic denial if you violate this rule, but there will be no hard pull.
$200 offer is decent for a no annual fee card. The highlight of Capital One Quicksilver Rewards Credit Card is that it has No Foreign Transaction Fee AND No Annual Fee. So it is useful to those who need to make foreign purchases but do not want to pay annual fee. Capital One Quicksilver Rewards Credit Card is very similar to BoA Travel Rewards Credit Card: they both have No Foreign Transaction Fee AND No Annual Fee, as well as 1.5% rewards on all purchases. BoA Travel Rewards Credit Card sometimes has better sign-up bonus, can earn more rewards if you have BoA Checking / Saving Account, but its rewards points can only be used to redeem for travel purchases; Capital One Quicksilver Rewards Credit Card does not have restriction on how to use the cash back, but Capital One will pull all three major credit bureaus (Experian, TransUnion, Equifax) for one credit card application (see Characteristics of Major Banks for more details), which is quite annoying. 1.5% cash back on everything is not impressive compared to Citi Double Cash (DC) which earns 2% cash back everywhere with no annual fee.