Alaska Airlines Visa Business Card Review
2019.9 Update: The new offer is 42k + companion fare. HT: FM.
- 42 offer: earn 42,000 Alaska Miles after spending $2,000 in first 3 months. Plus a companion fare in the first year.
- We value Alaska Miles at 1.8 cents/point (Airline Miles Value), so the 40k+$100 highest sign-up bonus is worth about $820!
- Earn 3 miles per $1 spent on Alaska Airlines tickets, vacation packages, and cargo purchases, 1 mile per $1 on other purchases.
- Alaska Airlines has A LOT of partner airlines, although it does not belong to any of the airline alliances. Some of it’s partner airlines are American Airlines (AA), British Airways (BA), Delta Air Lines (DL). This makes Alaska Miles very flexible and relatively easy to redeem.
- One round-trip Coach Companion Fare every year. Companion pays $121 for the round-trip. Companion Fare cannot be used on partner airlines flight.
- New: Enjoy 50% off day passes at the Alaska Lounge, and 20% back on all Alaska Airlines inflight purchases.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $75 annual fee, NOT waived for the first year.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least one year.
- You can have multiples of the same credit card from BoA. You must wait at least 90 days to apply for the same credit card, otherwise the application will be automatically cancelled.
- [New] 2/3/4 Rule: BoA will only approve you for at most: 2 cards per rolling 2 months; 3 cards per rolling 12 months; and 4 cards per rolling 24 months. Because their IT system hasn’t been fully updated yet, you may not get declined because of this rule. Instead, you may get approved at first, and then the account will be closed because of “approved in error”.
This card is suitable for those who want to earn Alaska Miles, or those who fly Alaska a lot. The 42k sign-up bonus is quite attractive because of the flexibility of Alaska Miles. However, the reward rate for spending is not impressive, which makes it not a great choice to keep unless you really fly with them a lot or you can make use of the Companion Fare.
- Click here to check BoA application status.
- BoA reconsideration backdoor number: 877-383-0120 or 866-811-4108. It seems that the number is changing. Please inform us at once if it fails. The representatives here can get in touch with decision-makers directly.
Related Credit Cards
- BoA Alaska
- BoA Alaska Business (this post)