Bilt Mastercard® Review
2022.3 Update: This card is now open for everyone to apply.
- 0 fee if you pay rent with this credit card via the Bilt app. Even if your landlord is not a Bilt partner, you can still pay rent via the Bilt app: Bilt provides its credit card users a routing number & account number to pay rents; or you can choose to let Bilt send a check for small or private landlords.
- Earn 1x Bilt points on rent, up to 50k points per calendar year; earn 2x Bilt points on travel; earn 3x Bilt points on dining.
- Bilt points are worth about 1.6 cents/point, and we will talk about this more in the following section. Its 1:1 transfer partners include Hyatt, AA, and UA!
- Trip delay insurance (6 hrs).
- Primary car rental insurance.
- $800 cellular protection insurance.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- No annual fee.
- No sign-up bonus now.
- You can only earn points when you make 5 or more transactions that post each statement period. But it’s not a big deal, because you can always reach the goal by reloading Amazon Gift Cards.
- Bilt does not allow you to pay mortgages, unfortunately. But it’s rumored that Bilt will support mortgages soon.
- Although you will get a routing number & account number, you can’t use them to do things like paying mortgages or tuition fees, etc. If you do so, the transactions will be reversed and you will get warnings from Bilt.
Bilt Rewards Points
Bilt rewards points are surprising flexible and valuable. Its 1:1 transferrable partners are:
- American Airlines AAdvantage
- Air Canada’s Aeroplan
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- Emirates Skywards
- Turkish Miles & Smiles
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- United Airlines MileagePlus
- World of Hyatt
Note that Hyatt, AA, and UA points are quite valuable and not that easy to get.
Rent is usually a big expense that you can’t earn credit cards rewards from. With Bilt credit card now you can earn points! What’s more, Bilt points can be 1:1 transferred to Hyatt, AA, or UA, which is really nice. As a relatively new company, Bilt points are surprisingly strong. I hope they can provide more features over time such as allowing people to pay mortgages.