Wyndham Rewards® EarnerSM Business Card Review
2023.5 Update: The new offer is 75k, however, the spending requirement is higher than before.
2023.1 Update: The higher offer is expired, and there’s only a 45k offer now.
2022.8 Update: The new offer is 75k. BTW, now the Wyndham Earner and Earner+ cards also have higher offers, but they are way below previous higher offers.
- 75k offer: earn 50,000 Wyndham points after spending $3,000 in the first 90 days; earn an additional 25,000 Wyndham points after spending $10,000 in total in the first 12 months. That’s 75k points in total. The recent best offer is 90k.
- Wyndham points are valued around 1.0 cents/point (Hotel Points Value), and the redemption structure is very simple with only three tiers of redemption: 7.k/15k/30k points.
- “go free Faster”: Redeem 10% fewer Wyndham Rewards points for award nights. That means you only need 6.75k/13.5k/27k points for redemption.
- Cardmember discount: 7% or 12% off of the Best Available Rate for card member (5% or 10% off for regular member).
- Earn 8 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases made at Hotels By Wyndham as well as on qualifying gas purchases; Earn 5 points per $1 spent on eligible marketing, advertising services, and utilities; Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases (excluding Wyndham Timeshare resorts down payments).
- Anniversary Bonus: Receive 15,000 bonus points each anniversary year.
- Automatically receive a Wyndham Rewards Diamond Membership.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $95 annual fee, NOT waived for the first year.
- Typically the free night cannot worth a lot since most Wyndham hotels are not very expensive.
- Note that Wyndham points expires after 18 months for inactivity, and expires after 4 years no matter what. Therefore it is not a good idea to accumulate a lot of Wyndham points if you don’t plan to stay in Wyndham in the near future.
Recommended Application Time
- Barclays value the number of recent hard pulls a lot, we recommend you apply when you have less than 6 hard pulls in the past 6 months.
- [6/24 rule] Similar to Chase 5/24 rule, Barclays will reject your application if you have 6 or more new accounts in the past 24 months. Note that this is a soft rule for Barclays.
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least one year.
If you frequently stay at Wyndham hotels, the 15,000 annual points can offset its annual fee. The Diamond membership, which is the highest level of Wyndham memberships, is also useful. So among the three cobranded cards, this business card is more worth holding than the other two if you stay in Wyndham a lot.The earning rate on gas stations is strong. If you don’t have plans to stay at Wyndham hotels, then be careful about the fact that Wyndham points expire in 4 years no matter what.
Related Credit Cards
- Barclays Wyndham Earner Plus
- Barclays Wyndham Earner
- Barclays Wyndham Earner Business (this post)
|Barclays Wyndham Earner||Barclays Wyndham Earner Plus||Barclays Wyndham Earner Business|
|Annual Points||7,500 (if spending $15,000 or more)||7,500||15,000|
|Bonus Categories||Earn 5 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases made at Hotels By Wyndham as well as on qualifying gas purchases; Earn 2 points per $1 spent on eligible dining and grocery purchases (excluding Target and Walmart)||Earn 6 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases made at Hotels By Wyndham as well as on qualifying gas purchases; Earn 4 points per $1 spent on eligible dining and grocery purchases (excluding Target and Walmart)||Earn 8 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases made at Hotels By Wyndham as well as on qualifying gas purchases; Earn 5 points per $1 spent on eligible marketing, advertising services, and utilities|
|Wyndham Elite Membership||Gold||Platinum||Diamond|
|Best Sign-up Bonus||60,000||90,000||90,000|
- Click here to check Barclays application status.
- Barclays reconsideration backdoor number: 866-408-4064. Barclays tends to ask various questions and you must know all the answers about personal information and credit report. Besides, you may get HP again, but will be informed in advance. Therefore, think carefully before calling.