IHG® Rewards Premier Business Credit Card Review
2023.4 Update: The new offer is 165k.
2022.3 Update: This is a new card. It is essentially the same as the personal Chase IHG Premier card.
- 165k Offer: Earn 165,000 IHG points after spending $3,000 in 3 months. This is the best offer in recent years.
- IHG points are valued around 0.5 cents/point (Hotel Points Value). So the 165k highest offer is worth about $825.
- Receive a 40k Free Night (FN) certificate every year after your account renewal anniversary date. You can also use existing IHG points to redeem your FN at hotels above the 40,000 point redemption level.
- Earn 10x points at IHG property; earn 5x points at travel, gas stations, select advertising, and restaurants; and earn 3x point on other purchases.
- Receive up to $50 United TravelBank Cash each calendar year: You will receive one $25 United TravelBank cash deposit on or about January 1, and another $25 United TravelBank cash deposit on or about July 1. Deposits made between January 1 and June 30 will expire on July 15, regardless of deposit date. Deposits made between July 1 and December 31 will expire on January 15, regardless of deposit date. You must complete a one-time registration to receive this benefit. This benefit is essentially useless because of its short expiration and small amount.
- Earn 10,000 bonus points + $100 statement credit after you spend $20,000 on purchases and make one additional purchase each account anniversary year.
- 20% off 20% on when you purchase IHG points with your card.
- 4th reward night free when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights.
- Complimentary IHG Platinum Membership as long as you have this card. Get IHG Diamond Membership if you spend $40k.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck $100 credit every 4 years.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Refer a friend. Please click this link to start referring. You can earn 10,000 bonus IHG points for every approved account you refer, up to a maximum of 5 approved referrals (50,000 IHG points) per calendar year.
- $99 annual fee, NOT waived fist year.
- Free night is only valid for one year.
Recommended Application Time
- [5/24 Rule] If you have 5 or more new accounts opened in the past 24 months, Chase will not approve your application on this card, no matter how high your credit score is. The number of new accounts includes all credit card accounts, not only Chase accounts. See this post for details about how to possibly bypass this rule.
- This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months. Note that what matters here is the time you got the sign-up bonus, not the time you open the account or close the account. This business credit card does not affect the signup bonus eligibility of personal IHG credit cards.
- Don’t apply for more than 2 Chase credit cards within 30 days, or it’s highly likely that you will get rejected.
- We recommend you to apply for this card after you have a credit history for more than a year.
It is essentially the same as the personal Chase IHG Premier card.
Related Credit Cards
- Chase IHG Premier
- Chase IHG Traveler
- Chase IHG (Old Version) (Discontinued)
- Chase IHG Premier Business (this post)
|Chase IHG Traveler||Chase IHG Premier||Chase IHG Premier Business|
|Free Night||none||up to 40k||up to 40k|
|Best Sign-up Bonus||120k||150k+$50||140k|
- Call 800-453-9719 to check Chase business cards application status. This is an automated telephone line, and the information has the following meanings: Receive decision in 2 weeks means your application is probably approved; Receive decision in 7-10 days means your application is probably rejected; Receive decision in 30 days simply means your application requires further review and there』s nothing to tell you for now.
- Chase reconsideration backdoor number: 888-270-2127 or 888-609-7805. It’s pretty hard to recon Chase business cards. Be prepared to be asked about a lot of details of how your business operates.