BoA Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard Review
2020.8 Update: There is a 50k+$150 offer via dummy booking, and later on we obtained the direct link. HT: reader wmsimon and terrenceduffytang. This is the best ever offer on this card!
2020.7 Update: The new offer is 50k, which is the highest offer ever on this card.
- 50k+$150 offer: earn 50,000 FlyingBlue Miles + $150 statement credit after spending $2,000 in first 3 months. This is the best offer in recent history.
- We value FlyingBlue Miles at 1.2 cents/point (Airline Miles Value), so the 50k+$150 highest offer is worth about $750.
- Earn 3 miles per $1 spent on Air France / KLM and other SkyTeam members, 1.5x miles on all other purchases.
- Earn 5000 points after account anniversary if you have spent $50 during your card membership year.
- Earn 60 XP (Experience Points) upon arrival. Earn 20 XP after account anniversary. If you have spent more than $15k in previous year, earn another 40 XP.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $89 annual fee, NOT waived for the first year.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least one year.
- You can have multiples of the same credit card from BoA. You must wait at least 90 days to apply for the same credit card, otherwise the application will be automatically cancelled.
- [New] 2/3/4 Rule: BoA will only approve you for at most: 2 cards per rolling 2 months; 3 cards per rolling 12 months; and 4 cards per rolling 24 months. Because their IT system hasn’t been fully updated yet, you may not get declined because of this rule. Instead, you may get approved at first, and then the account will be closed because of “approved in error”.
50k+$150 offer is really nice. Note that FlyingBlue miles are transfer partners with Chase Ultimate Rewards/Amex Membership Rewards/Citi ThankYou Point/Marriott Rewards, meaning that we can always transfer points from partners if we need more FlyingBlue miles. Extra XP points might be useful if you want to achieve elite status in FlyingBlue, but in general the card is not attractive to keep.
- Click here to check BoA application status.
- BoA reconsideration backdoor number: 877-383-0120 or 866-811-4108. It seems that the number is changing. Please inform us at once if it fails. The representatives here can get in touch with decision-makers directly.