US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Credit Card Review
2020.6 Update: Card art is changed.
- $150 offer: earn $150 after spending $500 within the first 90 days.
- Earn 5% cash back on first $2,000 combined purchases each quarter on two categories you choose, 2% cash back on your choice of one everyday category, 1% cash back on all other purchases. The categories are:
- No annual fee.
- Only first $2,000 purchases per quarter on bonus categories can earn 5% cash back, after that you can only earn 1% cash back.
- After the latest change, the current 5% category is not as useful as those of the Chase Freedom Credit Card or Discover it Credit Card which sometimes have Restaurants, Grocery, Online Shopping as their 5% bonus category.
- It has foreign transaction fee, so it's not a good choice outside the US.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
The 5% cash back seems to be good, but its categories are not as useful as the categories of Chase Freedom or Discover it. It’s better to calculate how much you can earn from this card before you decide to apply. US Bank credit cards are very hard to get approved, so we do not recommend this card to beginners.