US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Credit Card Review
2018.1 Update: The new offer is $150, which is historical high. HT: reddit.
- $150 offer: earn $150 after spending $500 within the first 3 months.
- Earn 5% cash back on first $2,000 combined purchases each quarter on two categories you choose, 2% cash back on your choice of one everyday category, 1% cash back on all other purchases. The categories (from official webpage):
- Earn $25 the first time you redeem $100 or more in a single redemption.
- No annual fee.
- New: If you do not qualify for the U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card, you will automatically be considered for the U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Platinum Card which earns the same cash back on all net purchases as the Cash+ Visa Signature Card but does not offer the Visa Signature benefits.
- Only first $2,000 purchases per quarter on bonus categories can earn 5% cash back, after that you can only earn 1% cash back.
- After the latest change, the current 5% category is not as useful as those of the Chase Freedom Credit Card or Discover it Credit Card which sometimes have Restaurants, Grocery, Online Shopping as their 5% bonus category.
- It has foreign transaction fee, so it's not a good choice outside the US.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
The 5% cash back seems to be good, but the categories are not so useful. You need to calculate how much you can get from this card before you decide to apply. US Bank credit cards are very hard to get approved, so we don’t recommend this card to beginners.