PenFed Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card Review
- $100 offer: earn $100 statement credit when you spend $1,500 in the first 90 days.
- Earn 1.5x points on all purchases. You can earn 2x on all purchases if you are a PenFed Honors Advantage member.
- The points can be used to redeem for gift cards, airlines, or hotels. The value of the points is about 0.8 cents/point.
- 0% Balance Transfers Promo APR for 12 months, 3% fee applies to each transaction.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- No annual fee.
- The value of its points are not publicly available, you need to have the card to see the redemption rate. What’s more, the value also fluctuates.
How to Join PenFed Credit Union
- You can join directly if you are those who serve in the US Military or Uniformed Services, employees of the US government, or those who are related to someone who meet the above criteria.
- Or you can donate at least $17 to Voices for America’s Troops or National Military Family Association to be eligible.
How to Become a PenFed Honors Advantage Member
- Military service of the primary applicant (active duty, reserve, honorably discharged, or retired).
- Or have and maintain a PenFed checking Account. Its monthly fee is waived if you 1) maintain a minimum $500 daily balance OR 2) set up monthly direct deposits of $500 or more.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
Nowadays there are many other 2% cashback cards out there, so this one is rather unattractive.