PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card Review
- 15k offer: earn 15,000 points when you spend $1,500 in the first 90 days.
- Earn 5x points on gas paid at the pump and EV charging stations; earn 3x points at the supermarket (including most Target and Walmart locations), restaurants, and TV, radio, cable, streaming services. Earn 1x points on all other purchases.
- The points can be used to redeem for gift cards, airlines, or hotels. The value of the points is about 0.8 cents/point.
- This card offers a generous introductory APR for balance transfers.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- No annual fee.
- The value of its points are not publicly available, you need to have the card to see the redemption rate. What’s more, the value also fluctuates.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
The rewards rate is decent, but it’s a shame that the point value is no longer at 1 cent/point.