Bank of America Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum World MasterCard Review
2017.2 Update: The 15k offer is expired.
2017.1 Update: This card disappeared from the BoA official site, and the offer in the Amtrak official site is only 12k now. But we found a new link for the 15k offer, see the application link below. HT: reddit.
- Get 12,000 bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases on your new card within 90 days of account opening. The best offer is 15k.
- The Amtrak points worth about 2.5 cents/point, so the sign-up bonus worth about $375!
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on eligible Amtrak travel purchases, 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get a 5% Amtrak Guest Rewards point rebate when you book your Amtrak redemption travel using this credit card.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- No annual fee.
- The sign-up bonus is less than the annual fee version, and the earning ability is not as good as the annual fee version. There’s no companion coupon etc.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least one year.
- You can have multiple same credit card from BoA. You must wait at least 90 days to apply for the same credit card, otherwise the application will be automatically cancelled.
- [New] 2/3/4 Rule: BoA will only approve you for at most: 2 cards per rolling 2 months; 3 cards per rolling 12 months; and 4 cards per rolling 24 months. Because their IT system hasn’t been fully updated yet, you may not get declined because of this rule. Instead, you may get approved at first, and then the account will be closed because of “approved in error”.
Previously the Amtrak partner is Chase, but now they have changed it to Bank of America, so the co-branded credit card is issued by BoA now. The old Chase Amtrak credit cards are converted to Chase Freedom automatically. Since 2016.1.24, Amtrak has changed their zone based redemption policy to revenue based, so the points will be devaluated for expensive tickets. In general, we recommend people who travel with Amtrak a lot to apply for the Amtrak credit cards, if you want to pay for the annual fee, you should choose this one. For the ones who are not used to Amtrak, you can continue to travel with flights, it’s tiring to take long distance trains (of course you can see more veiws).
Related Credit Cards
- BoA Amtrak Guest Rewards
- BoA Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum (this post)
- Click here to check BoA application status.
- BoA reconsideration backdoor number: 877-383-0120 or 866-811-4108. It seems that the number is changing. Please inform us at once if it fails. The representatives here can get in touch with decision-makers directly.