2016.12.21 Update: The Chinese Website Method is really dead. But the VPN Method is still alive!
2016.12.18 Update: There’s no working data points since Dec 18 16:00 PST. This method is probably already dead.
We introduced a way to use VPN to get AmEx best offers. However, it’s not that convenient and easy for some people. Many people report that they can not see the big offers even with the recommended VPN and location. Is there any more straightforward method?
The answer is yes: we call it The Chinese Website Method. Please keep in mind that YMMV. It might not work for everybody though it significantly increases the chance.
1. Clear the cookies of americanexpress.com in your browser. Then open a new window in Incognito Mode.
2. Go to www.baidu.com (a search engine, the Chinese equivalent of Google). Search keyword “American Express” and go to the official site (https://www.americanexpress.com).
3. Click View All Small Business Cards.
4. Find The Enhanced Business Platinum Card among all business cards and click it.
5. Choose View All Personal Charge & Credit Cards option at the top, you might see big AmEx offers in the new page.
This is the result:
- You need to follow these steps EXACTLY, both visiting a Chinese website before AmEx and clicking a business card are essential. If you mess up with one of the steps, then you need to start over again starting from step 1 with clearing cookies.
- Apart from Baidu, visiting other Chinese websites before AmEx also works, for example: Zhihu, Douban, etc.
- It seems if you are located in China then this method won’t work. You need to be located in the US.
- Several authors already tested, but it’s not promised to be working. YMMV.
- Hope this method would live longer.
- Not all big offers can be obtained by this method. See the following table:
|Regular Offer||Best Offer||Incognito Mode|
|Everyday Preferred (EDP)||15k||30k||30k|
|Blue Cash Everyday (BCE)||$100||$250||$250|
|Blue Cash Preferred (BCP)||$150||$250||$250|
|Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG)||75k||75k||75k|
|Gold Delta Skymiles||30k||60k||35k|
|Plainum Delta Skymiles||35k||70k||35k|
|Premier Rewards Gold (PRG)||25k||50k||50k|