PenFed Pathfinder® Rewards Visa Signature® Card Review
- 50k offer: earn 50,000 Bonus Points when you spend $3,000 in the first 90 days.
- Earn 3x points on travel purchases, and earn 1.5x points on all other purchases. You can earn 4x on travel if you are a PenFed Honors Advantage member.
- The points can be used to redeem for gift cards, airlines, or hotels. The value of the points is about 0.8 cents/point.
- 0% Balance Transfers Promo APR for 12 months, 3% fee applies to each transaction.
- $100 annual domestic air ancillary travel statement credit.
- Global Entry or TSA Pre-check statement credit.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $95 annual fee. Annual fee is waived for PenFed Honors Advantage member.
- The value of its points are not publicly available, you need to have the card to see the redemption rate. What’s more, the value also fluctuates.
How to Join PenFed Credit Union
- You can join directly if you are those who serve in the US Military or Uniformed Services, employees of the US government, or those who are related to someone who meet the above criteria.
- Or you can donate at least $17 to Voices for America’s Troops or National Military Family Association to be eligible.
How to Become a PenFed Honors Advantage Member
- Military service of the primary applicant (active duty, reserve, honorably discharged, or retired).
- Or have and maintain a PenFed checking Account. Its monthly fee is waived if you 1) maintain a minimum $500 daily balance OR 2) set up monthly direct deposits of $500 or more.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
The sign up bonus is nice. If you are a PenFed Honors Advantage member, then you can enjoy 0 annual fee plus $100 annual air credit. It’s generally a good card to keep.