PenFed Pathfinder® Rewards Visa Signature® Card Review
- 50k offer: earn 50,000 Bonus Points when you spend $3,000 in the first 90 days.
- Earn 3x points on travel purchases, and earn 1.5x points on all other purchases. You can earn 4x on travel if you are a PenFed Honors Advantage member.
- The points can be used to redeem for gift cards, airlines, or hotels. The value of the points is about 0.8 cents/point.
- This card offers a generous introductory APR for balance transfers.
- $100 annual domestic air ancillary travel statement credit.
- Global Entry or TSA Pre-check statement credit.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $95 annual fee. Annual fee is waived for PenFed Honors Advantage member.
- The value of its points are not publicly available, you need to have the card to see the redemption rate. What’s more, the value also fluctuates.
How to Become a PenFed Honors Advantage Member
- Military service of the primary applicant (active duty, reserve, honorably discharged, or retired).
- Or have and maintain a PenFed checking Account. Its monthly fee is waived if you 1) maintain a minimum $500 daily balance OR 2) set up monthly direct deposits of $500 or more.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
The sign up bonus is nice. If you are a PenFed Honors Advantage member, then you can enjoy 0 annual fee plus $100 annual air credit. It’s generally a good card to keep.