The United TravelBank Card Review
2017.09.07 Update: It’s live now.
2017.09.05 Update: This is an upcoming new card. HT: Business Insider.
- $150 offer: earn $150 TravelBank Cash after spending $1000 in the first 3 months.
- Earn 2% in TravelBank cash per $1 spent on airline tickets purchased from United, and earn 1.5% in TravelBank cash per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- How to use TravelBank Cash: $1 in TravelBank cash = $1 when used toward the purchase of a ticket on flights operated by United and United Express. You can purchase a flight ticket with some TravelBank Cash plus some cash, and there’s no minimum requirement for redemption.
- Earn 25% back as a statement credit on purchases of food and beverages onboard United-operated flights.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- No annual fee.
- There’s no free checked bag, priority boarding etc. benefits.
This card seems to be useless. CFU by Chase itself also has 1.5% cash back rate, yet the “cash back” on this card can only be used towards UA flight ticket, very restrictive. No other highlights as well.
Currently we don’t have answers to the following questions, and we need data points to confirm:
- Can we downgrade Chase UA Explorer to this card?
- Is this card affected by the Chase 5/24 rule? (I guess so)
- Can we earn the 25% bonus points on MPX with this card?
- Can we see XN award availability with this card?
Related Credit Cards
- Chase United MileagePlus Rewards
- Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
- Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Business
- Chase United MileagePlus Club
- Chase United MileagePlus Club Business
- Chase United TravelBank (this post)