Blue Business Cash Card from American Express Review
2020.8 Update: The new offer is $300: earn statement credits for any amount spent at Dell Technologies, DocuSign, and/or FedEx, up to the first $100 spent per merchant, $300 in total. This offer requires spending at specific merchants, therefore is quite different from the usual ones and only suitable for a few people in my opinion.
2019.8 Update: There is $500 offer now. But the spending requirement is huge: earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $5,000 within the first 6 months. Plus, earn an additional $250 statement credit after you spend an additional $10,000 within the first year.
- $300 offer: earn statement credits for any amount spent at Dell Technologies, DocuSign, and/or FedEx, up to the first $100 spent per merchant, $300 in total.
- Earn 2% cashback on the first $50,000 in purchases each year, 1% cashback on purchases thereafter.
- With this card, you can get access to Amex Offer, which usually offers very good discounts at some stores, such as: spend $15 or more and get $5 back at Walmart; spend $75 or more and get $25 back on Amazon.com.
- No annual fee.
- 0 APR for the first 12 months.
- It has foreign transaction fee, so it's not a good choice outside the US.
Recommended Application Time
- You can only get the welcome bonus once in a lifetime, so be sure to apply when the historical highest offer appears.
- AmEx doesn’t care about the number of hard pulls.
- You can try to apply for it when you have a credit history of 6 months.
Only one AmEx credit card can be approved in a day. This rule does not apply to charge cards, you can be approved for one credit card and multiple charge cards in the day.Multiple cards approved in the same day will only have one Hard Pull.
- Only 2 AmEx credit cards can be approved within 90 days, but again, this rule does not apply to charge cards.
- You can keep at most 5 AmEx credit cards, not including charge cards.
This card has similar structure to AmEx Blue Business Plus, but with Plus you earn 2x MR while with this card you earn 2% cashback. Cashback is not as rewarding as MR points. You can also earn 2% cashback with personal credit cards, such as Citi Double Cash or PayPal Cashback Mastercard, with no cap. Therefore personally I do not recommend this card.
Related Credit Cards
- AmEx Blue Business Plus
- AmEx Blue Business Cash (this post)
- Click here to check AmEx application status.
- AmEx reconsideration backdoor number: 877-399-3083. The “real” backdoor number of Amex is well protected. Different from Chase, the representatives from this AmEx reconsideration backdoor number only have the right to help you submit requests.