Cathay Pacific (CX) Visa Signature Card Review
2017.8 Update: The new offer is 50k, and it expires on 2017.10.31. HT: DoC.
- 50k offer: earn 50,000 Asia Miles after spending $2500 within the first 90 days. The regular offer is 25k.
- Earn 2 Asia Miles per $1 spent on eligible Cathay Pacific purchases, 1.5 Asia Miles on restaurant and purchases outside US, 1 Asia Mile per $1 on other purchases.
- New members will enjoy a complimentary first year green tier membership in the Marco Polo Club.
- No Foreign Transaction Fee.
- $95 annual fee, NOT waived for the first year.
- Asia Miles will expire after 3 years from the earning date. Unlike the airlines in the US, Asia Miles DO NOT reset the clock for miles activity. So do not accumulate Asia Miles if you don’t have a plan.
The 50k highest sign-up bonus is a decent offer, catch it if you have a traveling plan. The regular 25k offer is just so so. Remember that you can also get Asia Miles by transferring from Citi TYP and AmEx MR, so this offer is just another way to stack Asia Miles. Synchrony is not a big player in the miles game, we should probably wait for more data points before applying.
Recommended Application Time:
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are sure you know well about the credit card game.