Cathay Pacific (CX) Visa Signature Card Review
2018.1 Update: The new offer is 35k with first year annual fee waived. HT: DoC.
2017.11 Update: One of our readers reported that he received an email about a 75k targeted offer. The spending requirement is $2500 within 3 months. The terms explicitly state that this offer is for selected Marco Polo Club members who were members as of 11/13/17 and received this offer by email. There is an application link in the email, but the bonus is not written on the landing page. So we assume that other people can’t get this offer via this link. If you are interested in this card, I think it’s best to register for the Marco Polo Club and hope you get targeted in the future.
2017.8 Update: The new offer is 50k, and it expires on 2017.10.31. HT: DoC.
- 35k offer: earn 35,000 Asia Miles after spending $2500 within the first 90 days. The recent best offer is 50k (with first year annual fee not waived).
- Earn 2 Asia Miles per $1 spent on eligible Cathay Pacific purchases, 1.5 Asia Miles on restaurant and purchases outside US, 1 Asia Mile per $1 on other purchases.
- New members will enjoy a complimentary first year green tier membership in the Marco Polo Club.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $95 annual fee, waived for the first year.
- Asia Miles will expire after 3 years from the earning date. Unlike the airlines in the US, Asia Miles DO NOT reset the clock for miles activity. So do not accumulate Asia Miles if you don’t have a plan.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are sure you know well about the credit card game.
The 50k highest sign-up bonus is a decent offer, catch it if you have a traveling plan. The regular 25k offer is just so so. Remember that you can also get Asia Miles by transferring from Citi TYP and AmEx MR, so this offer is just another way to stack Asia Miles. Synchrony is not a big player in the miles game, we should probably wait for more data points before applying.