Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card Review
2019.4 Update: The current offer is 30k.
2019.3 Update: The new offer is 30k+20k. The latter part requires $12,000 extra spending (~2.67% in return if you spend on 1x categories), so it is only suitable for those who already have a lot of planned spending.
- 30k offer: earn 30,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months.
- The points earned by this card can be redeemed towards statement credit at a fixed 1 cent/point ratio, so the 30k offer is worth $300. If you have Wells Fargo Visa Signature at the same time, you can use the points to book flights for up to 1.5 cents/point. If so, then the 30k offer is worth about $450!
- Earn 3x points for: eating out and ordering in; gas stations, rideshares, and transit; flights, hotels, homestays, and car rentals; and popular streaming services. Earn 1x points for other purchases.
- $600 cell phone insurance: Pay your monthly cell phone bill using your eligible Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Card and get up to $600 (subject to a $25 deductible) protection against damage or theft.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- No annual fee.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
As a no annual fee card, its sign-up bonus which is worth at least $300 is quite decent. The earning rate is also OK, especially when you also have Wells Fargo Visa Signature. Good card in general.