U.S. Bank FlexPerks Gold American Express Card Review
- Earn 30,000 FlexPoints after spending $2000 in first 4 months.
FlexPoints are worth a fixed 1.5 cents/point towards travel (such as airline, hotel, car rental, etc.), and a fixed 1.0 cent/point towards statement credit.The points are now devalued to 1.0 cent/point fixed value if you use them directly. However, you can still transfer points to US Bank Altitude Reserve (20k points per year), therefore the overall value of the points is still 1.5 cents/point.
- Earn 3 FlexPoints per $1 spent on restaurants, 2 FlexPoints per $1 spent on gas and airlines, 1 FlexPoint per $1 spent on other purchases.
- $25 air travel credit per award ticket for baggage fees or in-flight food and drinks.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Complimentary Boingo membership (Free Wi-Fi at many airports).
- Up to $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck application fee.
- $85 annual fees, NOT waived for the first year.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
The value of FlexPerks is now fixed, and you can’t get extra high value any more. This card has the highest cash back rate for restaurants other than CSR, but it has $85 annual fee. Worth it or not? It really depends on how much you spend on restaurants. It’s difficult to get US bank cards, so we don’t recommend this card to beginners.
Related Credit Cards
- US Bank FlexPerks Select Plus
- US Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards
- US Bank FlexPerks Gold (this post)
- To check the application status, you can visit this webpage or call (800) 947-1444. If you see the 7-10 days message, it just means they will do a manual review and the outcome could be either approved or denied.
- US Bank reconsideration line: (800) 947-1444.