Discover Savings Account Review
- New account opening bonus of $150/$200! See below for detailed requirements.
- The opening bonus will arrive very quickly, typically a few days after you deposit the required money.
- $0 monthly fee.
- No early termination fee, you can close the account whenever you want.
- Interest rate (APY) is decent enough among savings accounts.
- This bonus is only available for new clients of Discover Savings Account. Those who are already have or used to have a Discover Savings Account are not eligible for the bonus offer. Those with just a Discover Checking Account or a Discover credit card are still eligible.
- You’ll have to deposit at least $15,000/$25,000 of “new money” within 30 days of account opening. “New money” means the money does not come from any of your other Discover accounts. The official website does not tell you how many days you need to keep these in your account, but I suggest you keep it until you receive the bonus.
The $150/$200 offer is the quite nice, and the bonus will arrive very quickly after you deposit the required amount of money. So if you have the money to float you should take advantage of it now. This account has no monthly fee, and has a relatively high interest rate among those savings accounts, so it is a good account to keep in the long term.