Discover Cashback Checking Account (Debit Card/ATM Card) Review
2020.2 Update: The double cash back offer is expired.
2020.1 Update: The double cash back offer is available again.
Sign-up bonus: earn double cash back for the purchases through 2020.07.31. Offer ends on 2020.02.10.[Expired]
- Earn 1% cash back on up to $3,000 in debit card purchases each month.
- $0 monthly fee, no minimum deposit requirements.
- $0 incoming wire transfer fee.
- Discover doesn’t have its own ATMs, but it has some partner ATMs (Allpoint or MoneyPass networks) that let you withdraw money for free, you can use this link or the Discover mobile app to find them.
- You can’t use this debit card outside North America.
- Discover almost have no physical branches (more accurately, it has one physical branch in Delaware).
- This offer is NOT valid for previous Discover Cashback Checking customers.
Direct Deposit (DD) requirement: at least two Direct Deposits of $250 or more must be received within 90 days of account funding.There’s no DD requirement for the double cashback sign-up bonus.
The 1% cash back seems to be low compared to the cash back rate by credit cards, but this is a debit card, and may be useful for those places that do not accept credit cards.