Bank of America Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard Review
2019.4 Update: Now you can earn 3% cashback in category of your choice, similar to the personal version of BoA Cash Rewards. But “online shopping”, which is the best category to choose in its personal version, is not available in this business version. The new offer is $300.
- $300 offer: earn $300 after spending $3,000 in first 3 months.
- Earn 3% cash back in the category of your choice: gas stations (default), office supply stores, travel, TV/telecom & wireless, computer services or business consulting services. And earn 2% cash back on dining. Earn 1% cash back on other purchases.
- No annual fee.
- You’ll only earn 3% and 2% cash back on the first $50,000 in combined bonus categories each calendar year, then earn 1%.
- It has foreign transaction fee, so it's not a good choice outside the US.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least one year.
- You can have multiple same credit card from BoA. You must wait at least 90 days to apply for the same credit card, otherwise the application will be automatically cancelled.
- [New] 2/3/4 Rule: BoA will only approve you for at most: 2 cards per rolling 2 months; 3 cards per rolling 12 months; and 4 cards per rolling 24 months. Because their IT system hasn’t been fully updated yet, you may not get declined because of this rule. Instead, you may get approved at first, and then the account will be closed because of “approved in error”.
- [New] This card will not be available to you if you currently have the card, unless you have had the card for at least 24 months.
This card is just so-so. Its sign-up bonus is decent for a no fee card.
- Click here to check BoA application status.
- BoA reconsideration backdoor number: 877-383-0120 or 866-811-4108. It seems that the number is changing. Please inform us at once if it fails. The representatives here can get in touch with decision-makers directly.