BoA Alaska Airlines Visa Signature Card Review
2023.4 Update: The 70k+$100 offer is expired. The current best offer is 72k.
The new offer is 70k. There’s a 70k+$100 link now. HT:DoC.
2023.1 Update: The benefits are slightly revamped:
- Annual fee has been increased from $75 to $95.
- Anniversary Alaska companion fare used to be given every year as long as you pay the annual fee, now it requires $6,000 spending.
- New benefit: Earn unlimited 2 miles for every $1 spent on eligible gas, cable, streaming services and local transit including ride share purchases
- New benefit: Earn a 10% rewards bonus on all miles earned from card purchases if you have an eligible Bank of America checking or savings account.
- New benefit: Priority boarding.
- New benefit: get $100 off an annual Alaska Lounge+ Membership when you pay with this card.
- 72k offer: earn 72,000 Alaska Miles after spending $3,000 in first 3 months. Plus a companion fare in the first year. The recent best offer is 70k+$100.
- We value Alaska Miles at 1.8 cents/point (Airline Miles Value), so the 70k+$100 sign-up highest bonus is worth about $1,360!
- Earn 3 miles per $1 spent on Alaska Airlines tickets, vacation packages, and cargo purchases; earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on eligible gas, cable, streaming services and local transit including ride share purchases; 1 mile per $1 on other purchases.
- New: Earn a 10% rewards bonus on all miles earned from card purchases if you have an eligible Bank of America checking or savings account.
- Alaska Companion Fare: Get Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare from $122 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $23) each account anniversary after you spend $6,000 or more on purchases within the prior anniversary year.
- New: Priority boarding.
- First checked bag free.
- 20% back on all Alaska Airlines inflight purchases.
- New: get $100 off an annual Alaska Lounge+ Membership when you pay with this card.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- You can refer a friend: click this link to start to refer.
- $95 annual fee, NOT waived for the first year. (it was $75 before 2022.11)
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least one year.
- [New] 2/3/4 Rule: BoA will only approve you for at most: 2 cards per rolling 2 months; 3 cards per rolling 12 months; and 4 cards per rolling 24 months. Because their IT system hasn’t been fully updated yet, you may not get declined because of this rule. Instead, you may get approved at first, and then the account will be closed because of “approved in error”.
- [New] 24 month churn rule: This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period.
This card is suitable for those who want to earn Alaska Miles, or those who fly Alaska a lot. The sign-up bonus is quite attractive because of the flexibility of Alaska Miles. However, the reward rate for spending is not impressive, which makes it not a great choice to keep unless you really fly with them a lot.
- Click here to check BoA application status.
- BoA reconsideration backdoor number: 877-383-0120 or 866-811-4108. It seems that the number is changing. Please inform us at once if it fails. The representatives here can get in touch with decision-makers directly.
Related Credit Cards
- BoA Alaska (this post)
- BoA Alaska Business