Wells Fargo Visa Signature Card Review
- 20k offer: earn 20,000 points when you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months.
- Earn 5x rewards points on gas, grocery, and drugstore purchases for the first 6 months, and 1x points on other purchases.
- The points earned by this card can be redeemed towards statement credit at a fixed 1 cent/point ratio. They can also be used to book airlines via mywellsfargorewards.com, and they are worth 1.5 cents/point in this way! Note that there is a separate $24 per airline ticket processing fee on each ticket, so the points are actually worth slightly less than 1.5.
- $600 cell phone insurance: Pay your monthly cell phone bill using your eligible Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Card and get up to $600 (subject to a $25 deductible) protection against damage or theft.
- No annual fee.
- You can only earn 5x rewards point on the first $12,500 spent on bonus category, i.e. 62.5k points at most.
- The points expires in 5 years.
- It has foreign transaction fee, so it's not a good choice outside the US.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
$200 sign-up bonus for a no annual fee card is decent. This card is very similar to Wells Fargo Rewards Credit Card. They used to be very lucrative because of the 5x bonus category, but as time goes on, Wells Fargo first added a limit on it, then shut down accounts if they think you are abusing this card (see this post for more details).