Chase IHG Rewards Club Traveler World MasterCard Review
2022.1 Update: The new offer is 80k.
2021.5 Update: The offer is only 75k now.
2021.1 Update: The offer is only 75k now.
2020.9 Update: The new offer is 100k.
- 80k offer: earn 80,000 IHG points after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months. The recent best offer is 100k.
- IHG points are valued around 0.5 cents (Hotel Points Value). So the 100k highest offer is worth about $500.
- Earn 5x points at IHG property, 2x points at dining, supermarket and gas station, and 1x point on other purchases.
- 20% off 20% on when you purchase IHG points with your card.
- 4th reward night free when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights.
- Complimentary IHG Gold Membership if you spend $10,000 or more per calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- No annual fee.
Recommended Application Time
- [5/24 Rule] If you have 5 or more new accounts opened in the past 24 months, Chase will not approve your application on this card, no matter how high your credit score is. The number of new accounts includes all credit card accounts, not only Chase accounts. See this post for details about how to possibly bypass this rule.
- You are not eligible for this sign-up bonus if you received a sign-up bonus on this card within 24 months. Note that what matters here is the time you got the sign-up bonus, not the time you open the account or close the account.
- Don’t apply for more than 2 Chase credit cards within 30 days, or it’s highly likely that you will get rejected.
- We recommend you to apply for this card after you have a credit history for more than a year.
The $89 annual fee version IHG Premier card has higher bonus and gives you a free night every year, so it is more recommended to apply for the IHG Premier card if you are interested in IHG hotels. This IHG traveler card has no annual fee, so it is a good downgrade option.
Related Credit Cards
|Chase IHG Premier||Chase IHG Traveler|
|Free Night||up to 40k||none|
|Best Sign-up Bonus||140k||100k|
- Call 800-436-7927 to check Chase application status. This is an automated telephone line, and the information has the following meanings: Receive decision in 2 weeks means your application is probably approved; Receive decision in 7-10 days means your application is probably rejected; Receive decision in 30 days simply means your application requires further review and there’s nothing to tell you for now.
- Chase reconsideration backdoor number: 888-270-2127 or 888-609-7805. Call it if you didn’t get approve immediately. Your personal information will be acquired and they will then review it. You seldom answer questions, instead, just enjoy the music and then you get approved or rejected, or further information is needed to be handed in to the branch or be faxed.