Alaska Airlines Visa Business Card Review
2023.6 Update: The higher offer is expired. The current offer is 50k+$100.
2022.8 Update: The new offer is 70k miles. This is the best ever offer on this card. HT: FM.
2022.7 Update: The 60k offer is expired. The current offer is 40k+$200.
- 50k+$100 offer: earn 50,000 Alaska Miles + $100 statement credit after spending $3,000 in first 90 days. Plus, earn a $121 companion fare in the first year. The recent best offer is 70k.
- We value Alaska Miles at 1.6 cents/point (Airline Miles Value), so the 70k highest sign-up bonus is worth about $1,120!
- Earn 3 miles per $1 spent on Alaska Airlines tickets, vacation packages, and cargo purchases, 1 mile per $1 on other purchases.
- One round-trip Coach Companion Fare every year. Companion pays $121 for the round-trip. Companion Fare cannot be used on partner airlines flight.
- First checked bag free.
- New: Enjoy 50% off day passes at the Alaska Lounge, and 20% back on all Alaska Airlines inflight purchases.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $75 annual fee, NOT waived for the first year.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least one year.
- [New] 2/3/4 Rule: BoA will only approve you for at most: 2 cards per rolling 2 months; 3 cards per rolling 12 months; and 4 cards per rolling 24 months. Because their IT system hasn’t been fully updated yet, you may not get declined because of this rule. Instead, you may get approved at first, and then the account will be closed because of “approved in error”.
- [New] 24 month churn rule: This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had ANY BOA BUSINESS CARD in the preceding 24 month period.
This card is suitable for those who want to earn Alaska Miles, or those who fly Alaska a lot. The 42k sign-up bonus is quite attractive because of the flexibility of Alaska Miles. However, the reward rate for spending is not impressive, which so this is really not a card worth keeping unless you find a lot of value in the annual companion fare.
- Click here to check BoA application status.
- BoA reconsideration backdoor number: 877-383-0120 or 866-811-4108. It seems that the number is changing. Please inform us at once if it fails. The representatives here can get in touch with decision-makers directly.
Related Credit Cards
- BoA Alaska
- BoA Alaska Business (this post)