Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card Review
2020.1 Update: The 30k offer is expired. The current offer is 20k.
2019.4 Update: The current offer is 30k.
- 20k offer: earn 20,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months. The recent best public offer is 30k.
- The points earned by this card can be redeemed towards statement credit at a fixed 1 cent/point ratio, so the 30k highest public offer is worth $300. If you have Wells Fargo Visa Signature at the same time, you can use the points to book flights for up to 1.5 cents/point. If so, then the 30k offer is worth about $450!
- Earn 3x points for: eating out and ordering in; gas stations, rideshares, and transit; flights, hotels, homestays, and car rentals; and popular streaming services. Earn 1x points for other purchases.
- $600 cell phone insurance: Pay your monthly cell phone bill using your eligible Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Card and get up to $600 (subject to a $25 deductible) protection against damage or theft.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- No annual fee.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
As a no annual fee card, its sign-up bonus which is worth at least $300 is quite decent. The earning rate is also OK, especially when you also have Wells Fargo Visa Signature. Good card in general.