Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card Review
2023.6 Update: The new offer is $275.
- $275 offer: earn a $150 Amazon Gift Card instantly upon approval, and earn 5% back everywhere on up to $2,500 in spending for the first 3 months after account opening ($125 value). Note that the 5% means a total cash back rate of 5%, so it is only meaningful if you spend on 2% and 1% back categories. (Offer is lower for non Prime users). The welcome offer amount is the highest for the history of this card, but there was a $200 offer with no spending requirement.
- Earn 5% cashback at Amazon and Whole Foods if you are an Amazon Prime member (3% if not), 2% cashback at restaurants and gas stations, 1% cashback on all other purchases. In order to get the 5%, you need to use your own Amazon account. Student Prime membership and trial prime membership counts as well.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- No annual fee.
- Thought it appears to be a no annual fee card, actually you need to remember that Prime Membership costs you some money every year.
Recommended Application Time
- [5/24 Rule] If you have 5 or more new accounts opened in the past 24 months, Chase will not approve your application on this card, no matter how high your credit score is. The number of new accounts includes all credit card accounts, not only Chase accounts. See this post for details about how to possibly bypass this rule.
- This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months. Note that what matters here is the time you got the sign-up bonus, not the time you open the account or close the account.
- Don』t apply for more than 2 Chase credit cards within 30 days, or it』s highly likely that you will get rejected.
- We recommend you to apply for this card after you have a credit history for more than a year.
The $200 sign-up bonus is decent for a no fee card. If you are a big Amazon fan, and you already chose to be an Amazon Prime member, it is a good card with 5% cashback on Amazon.
There’s also an Amazon store card Synchrony Amazon Prime, and a co-branded business card AmEx Amazon Business Prime. They all can earn 5% cashback on Amazon. If you are not eligible to this Chase card due to the 5/24 rule, then the these two are good alternatives.
Related Credit Cards
- AmEx Amazon Business Prime
- Chase Amazon Prime (this post)
- Synchrony Amazon Prime
- Call 800-436-7927 to check Chase application status. This is an automated telephone line, and the information has the following meanings: Receive decision in 2 weeks means your application is probably approved; Receive decision in 7-10 days means your application is probably rejected; Receive decision in 30 days simply means your application requires further review and there』s nothing to tell you for now.
- Chase reconsideration backdoor number: 888-270-2127 or 888-609-7805. Call it if you didn』t get approve immediately. Your personal information will be acquired and they will then review it. You seldom answer questions, instead, just enjoy the music and then you get approved or rejected, or further information is needed to be hand in to the branch or faxed.