The Uber Credit Card Review
2020.6 Update: It seems this card is removed from Barclays and Uber, and previous application links are dead. Probably it’s discontinued? Not sure what’s going on. If you want a substitute, you may consider US Bank Altitude Go which is also a no fee card with 4% cashback on dining.
2019.11 Update: The following changes are now effective:
- The rewards structure will be: 5% on Uber, 3% on dining, airfare, and hotels, and 1% on all other purchases.
- The rewards will be Uber cash, not statement credit & gift cards.
- $50 subscription credit will be removed.
- $100 offer: earn $100 after spending $500 on purchases in the first 90 days.
- Earn 5% back on Uber; 3% back on restaurants, airfare, and hotels; 1% back on all other purchases.
- Up to $600 in mobile phone protection including damage and theft when you use your Uber Visa Card to pay your monthly mobile phone bill.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- No annual fee.
- Barclaycard credit cards are not so easy to get approved.
- The rewards are Uber cash, not actual cash (statement credit).
Recommended Application Time
- Barclays value the number of recent hard pulls a lot, we recommend you apply when you have less than 6 hard pulls in the past 6 months.
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least one year.
- Existing cardmembers, existing accounts, and previous cardmember with accounts closed in the past 24 months may not be eligible for this offer.
This card used to be great with 4% rewards on dining, but after 2019.11 the return on dining is now 3%. It is still a decent card to earn rewards on the 3% and 5% categories with no annual fee, it is just not a great card any more.
- Click here to check Barclays application status.
- Barclays reconsideration backdoor number: 866-408-4064. Barclays tends to ask various questions and you must know all the answers about personal information and credit report. Besides, you may get HP again, but will be informed in advance. Therefore, think carefully before calling.