Cathay Pacific (CX) Visa Signature Card Review
2020.7 Update: The offer is still 40k, and the new deadline is 2020.09.30.
- 40k offer: earn 40,000 Asia Miles after spending $2,000 within the first 90 days.
- Earn 2 Asia Miles per $1 spent on eligible Cathay Pacific purchases, 1.5 Asia Miles on restaurant and purchases outside US, 1 Asia Mile per $1 on other purchases.
- New members will enjoy a complimentary first year green tier membership in the Marco Polo Club.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $95 annual fee, waived for the first year.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
When the sign-up bonus is high, it is worth applying. Remember that you can also get Asia Miles by transferring from Citi TYP and AmEx MR, so this offer is just another way to stack Asia Miles. Synchrony is not a big player in the miles game, we should probably wait for more data points before applying.
Historical Offers Chart
Note: there is a 35k + 25k offer, but the spending requirement for the 25k part is too much, so I don’t count that as sign-up bonus.