BoA Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard Review
2023.4 Update: The 70k+$100 offer is back, HT: DoC. The +$100 part is from dummy booking, and we have obtained the direct link.
2022.5 Update: The new offer is 70k. You may see additional $100 via dummy booking. HT: DoC.
2021.10 Update: It seems there’s only a 50k offer direct link, and it’s possible to see a 50k+$100 offer by dummy booking.
- 70k+$100+100XP offer: earn 70,000 FlyingBlue Miles and $100 statement credit after spending $2,000 in first 3 months. You also get 100XP which is helpful for Air France membership level. This is the best offer in recent history.
- We value FlyingBlue Miles at 1.2 cents/point (Airline Miles Value), so the 70k highest offer is worth about $840.
- Earn 60 XP (Experience Points) upon approval, and earn 40 XP after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, so that’s 100 XP in total. Earn 20 XP after account anniversary. If you have spent more than $15k in previous year, earn another 40 XP.
- Earn 3 miles per $1 spent on Air France / KLM and other SkyTeam members, 1.5x miles on all other purchases.
- Earn 5000 points after account anniversary if you have spent $50 during your card membership year.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $89 annual fee, NOT waived for the first year.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least one year.
- You can have multiples of the same credit card from BoA. You must wait at least 90 days to apply for the same credit card, otherwise the application will be automatically cancelled.
- [New] 2/3/4 Rule: BoA will only approve you for at most: 2 cards per rolling 2 months; 3 cards per rolling 12 months; and 4 cards per rolling 24 months. Because their IT system hasn’t been fully updated yet, you may not get declined because of this rule. Instead, you may get approved at first, and then the account will be closed because of “approved in error”.
The welcome offer is really nice if you can make use of the FlyingBlue miles. Note that FlyingBlue miles are transfer partners with Chase Ultimate Rewards/Amex Membership Rewards/Citi ThankYou Point/Marriott Rewards, meaning that we can always transfer points from partners if we need more FlyingBlue miles. Extra XP points might be useful if you want to achieve elite status in FlyingBlue, but in general the card is not attractive to keep.
- Click here to check BoA application status.
- BoA reconsideration backdoor number: 877-383-0120 or 866-811-4108. It seems that the number is changing. Please inform us at once if it fails. The representatives here can get in touch with decision-makers directly.