Verizon Visa® Card Review
- $100 offer: Get a $100 statement credit on your credit card bill when you open a new Verizon Visa® Card account and make a purchase using the card within first 90 days.
- Earn 4% Verizon Dollars on grocery store and gas purchases, earn 3% on dining purchases including takeout, earn 2% on Verizon purchases, and 1% on all other purchases.
- The “Verizon Dollars” earned on this card can only be used on Verizon, so it’s not exactly real cashback. But since “Verizon Dollars” can be used on Verizon wireless bills or mobile phones in the Verizon store, it is basically equivalent to cashback for Verizon customers.
- Get up to $10/month off Auto Pay discount on Verizon for each eligible account or phone line, up to 12 lines max (depending on plan). This card is the only credit card that is eligible for this discount. Apart from this card, you can only use checking accounts or debit cards or Verizon Gift Card to be eligible for the Auto Pay discount. So this benefits just means you can earn 2% more Verizon Dollars compared to using checking accounts.
- You must be a Verizon wireless customer (Fios isn’t included) with no more than 12 lines (depending on plan) in order to apply for this card.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
The earning rate for common categories: groceries store purchases, dining, and gas are all pretty good. It’s an appealing card to existing Verizon wireless customers.