The World of Hyatt Credit Card Review
2019.9 Update: Cardholders are being targeted for a promotional offer to receive a $50 statement credit after spending $300 or more with Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotels in the U.S. and Canada. You must register by November 30, 2019 and complete stays between October 1, 2019 and January 5, 2020. A direct link to the offer is here.
- 25k+25k sign-up bonus: earn 25,000 Hyatt points after spending $3,000 in 3 months, and additional 25,000 Hyatt points after spending additional $3,000 in the first 6 months ($6,000 spending in total). That’s 50k Hyatt points in total. The recent best offer is 60k.
- Hyatt point is valued at 1.6 cents (Hotel Points Value) and you can find Hyatt free night award chart here. So the 25k+25k offer is worth about $800!
- Earn 4x points at Hyatt hotels; earn 2x points at dining, airlines, local transit and commuting, and fitness club and gym memberships; earn 1x point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- You will receive one free night certificate redeemable at category 1-4 Hyatt hotel each year after you pay your annual fee. Generally, it is not hard to use the free night at a >$200 value.
- Earn an extra free night at any category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort if you spend $15,000 during your cardmember anniversary year.
- Complimentary Hyatt Discoverist status as long as you keep the card. You receive 5 qualifying night credits toward your next tier status every year. Plus, earn 2 additional qualifying night credits toward your next tier status every time you spend $5,000 on your card. (Qualifying night credit is for elite status, not free nights).
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Refer a friend. Please click this link to start referring. You can earn 5,000 bonus Hyatt points for every approved account you refer, up to a maximum of 25,000 Hyatt points per calendar year.
- Annual fee $95, NOT waived first year.
- Free night certificate is only valid for one year.
Recommended Application Time
- [5/24 Rule] If you have 5 or more new accounts opened in the past 24 months, Chase will not approve your application on this card, no matter how high your credit score is. The number of new accounts includes all credit card accounts, not only Chase accounts. See this post for details about how to possibly bypass this rule.
- The product is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of any Hyatt Credit Card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of any Hyatt Credit Card who received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months.
- Don’t apply for more than 2 Chase credit cards within 30 days, or it’s highly likely that you will get rejected.
- We recommend you to apply for this card after you have a credit history for more than a year.
The 60k sign-up bonus is really nice! Paying $95 annual fee for the free night is also a good deal, considering it is not hard to find a Hyatt category 1~4 hotel in a lot of cities. This new Hyatt card improves the return of actually using it, so it is better than the old Chase Hyatt if you are a really loyal to Hyatt. If you stay in Hyatt and plan to use this Hyatt card frequently, apart from the 4x points, you also get an additional free night after $15k in spending. This card is also very useful to keep your elite status: 5 nights every year, plus 2 nights for every $5k in spending. If you want to earn or keep the Globalist status (which requires 60 nights), with this card, you already get 5 nights, so you just need to spend $140k to get enough night credits even if you don’t stay in Hyatt at all. In summary, if you are really loyal to Hyatt, this card is really a suitable card for you; if you just plan to pay for an annual fee and get a free night, then the old Chase Hyatt (with a lower annual fee) is better.
Related Credit Cards
- Chase Hyatt
- Chase World of Hyatt (this post)
Recommended Downgrade Options
- You can not downgrade this card to any card with no annual fee, so I suggest you close it when you don』t want to keep it any longer.
- Call 800-436-7927 to check Chase application status. This is an automated telephone line, and the information has the following meanings: Receive decision in 2 weeks means your application is probably approved; Receive decision in 7-10 days means your application is probably rejected; Receive decision in 30 days simply means your application requires further review and there’s nothing to tell you for now.
- Chase reconsideration backdoor number: 888-270-2127 or 888-609-7805. Call it if you didn』t get approve immediately. Your personal information will be acquired and they will then review it. You seldom answer questions, instead, just enjoy the music and then you get approved or rejected, or further information is needed to be hand in to the branch or faxed.