Alliant Visa Signature Card Review
2021.6 Update: The annual fee is 0 now!
2021.3 Update: There’s an upper limit for 2.5% cashback now.
2019.4 Update: The annual fee is increased from $59 to $99 now.
- Earn 2.5% cash back with no category restriction. Upper limit: 2.5% cash back is only for the first $10,000 of qualifying eligible purchases per billing cycle (month), and the cash back rate is 1.5% for purchases over $10,000. Tier requirement: you have to be tier 1 to earn 2.5% cash back, and its requirements are: (1) you need to have an Alliant High-Rate Checking account, and enroll in eStatements, and have at least one monthly electronic deposit (you can easily schedule automatic recurring deposits via online or mobile banking so you can set it and forget it); and (2) keep a daily balance at least $1,000. Tiers will be reevaluated every quarter.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- No annual fee.
- No sign-up bonus.
How to Join Alliant Credit Union
In order to finish the application process for an Alliant credit card, you have to join Alliant Credit Union. There will not be a hard pull for joining the credit union. Here is the eligibility for joining Alliant. Actually everyone can be eligible. If you are not eligible in any other way, you can become a member of Foster Care to Success (FC2S) (Alliant will pay a $5 membership fee to FC2S on the member』s behalf).
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
2.5% cash back with no category restriction is nice, especially after 2021.6 there is no annual fee now. Although it has an upper limit, $10k per month is quite a large upper limit.
Related Credit Cards
- Alliant Visa Platinum Rewards
- Alliant Visa Signature (this post)