PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card Review
- 15k offer: earn 15,000 points when you spend $1,500 in the first 90 days.
- Earn 5x points on gas paid at the pump and EV charging stations; earn 3x points at the supermarket (including most Target and Walmart locations), restaurants, and TV, radio, cable, streaming services. Earn 1x points on all other purchases.
- The points can be used to redeem for gift cards, airlines, or hotels. The value of the points is about 0.8 cents/point.
- 0% Balance Transfers Promo APR for 12 months, 3% fee applies to each transaction.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- No annual fee.
- The value of its points are not publicly available, you need to have the card to see the redemption rate. What’s more, the value also fluctuates.
How to Join PenFed Credit Union
- You can join directly if you are those who serve in the US Military or Uniformed Services, employees of the US government, or those who are related to someone who meet the above criteria.
- Or you can donate at least $17 to Voices for America’s Troops or National Military Family Association to be eligible.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
The rewards rate is decent, but it’s a shame that the point value is no longer at 1 cent/point.