US Bank Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card Review
2022.1 Update: The offer is still 50k, with a lower spending requirement now ($3k->$2k).
- 50k offer: earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in first 120 days.
- Points are worth 1.0 cent/point (fixed value) via “Real-time Rewards”. So the 50k highest sign-up bonus is worth $500. Note that you can’t transfer the points to US Bank Altitude Reserve to increase points value.
- Earn 4x points on travel and at gas stations; earn 2x points at grocery stores, grocery delivery, dining, and streaming services; earn 1x point on all other purchases.
- $30 annual streaming credit: a statement credit of $30 per 12-month period will be applied within 2 statement billing cycles following 11 consecutive calendar months of eligible streaming service purchases.
- Up to $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre application fee.
- Cell phone protection: get up to $600 per claim and 2 times per year in cell phone protection against covered theft or damage for phones listed on your monthly cell phone bill when you pay it with your eligible credit card. Deductible $25.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $95 annual fee, waived for the first year.
- The credit cards from US Bank are hard to get approved.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
The welcome offer is nice. The earning structure is just so so, considering there are other competitors. Note that, generally the credit cards from US Bank are hard to get approved, so if you are new to the credit card game, please to be prepared to get declined and waste a hard pull.
Related Credit Cards
- US Bank Altitude Go
- US Bank Altitude Connect (this post)
- US Bank Altitude Reserve
- To check the application status, you can visit this webpage or call (800) 947-1444. If you see the 7-10 days message, it just means they will do a manual review and the outcome could be either approved or denied.
- US Bank reconsideration line: (800) 947-1444.